Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This has a yummy Sour Cream Coconut filling/frosting.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sour Cream Coconut Frosting
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen coconut, thawed
- Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until fluffy, Gradually add sugar, beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating mixture after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to butter mixture, alternately with milk, begin and end with flour mixture. Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350F for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Split each layer in half horizontally. Spread Sour Cream Coconut Filling between layers and on top of cake. cover and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Sour Cream Coconut Frosting:.
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stir in coconut.