Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy. I made this in a 13X9 pan and cut it in half, iced the 2 halves and stacked them. It made kind of a square cake with huge pieces.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13X9 pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil. Blend well.
- Stir in 2 cups coconut and chopped nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool.
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Melt 2 T butter over low heat. Add 3/4 cup coconut and stir until browned.Dry on paper towel.
- Cream 2 T butter with cream cheese.
- Alternately add milk and powdered sugar. Add vanilla. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 c coconut.
- Spread icing on cake and sprinkle with browned coconut.