Recipe by CookingMonster
From goodlookingcooking.com. Try my recipe for Moms Nice and Easy icing, this cake is not really sweet, but the icing is sweeter and it is a real compliment to both icing and cake. ENJOY!!!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add the eggs,one at a time.
- Then mix in the coconut.
- Sift dry ingredients together, and add alternately with milk and vanilla to the sugar/shortening/egg mixture-- beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Divide evenly, into 2 greased and lightly floured 9" cake pans.
- Bake at 350-degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a tooth-pick comes out clean.