Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From goodlookingcooking.com. Try my recipe for Moms Nice and Easy icing, this cake is not really sweet, but the icing is sweeter and it is a real compliment to both icing and cake. ENJOY!!!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add the eggs,one at a time.
- Then mix in the coconut.
- Sift dry ingredients together, and add alternately with milk and vanilla to the sugar/shortening/egg mixture-- beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Divide evenly, into 2 greased and lightly floured 9" cake pans.
- Bake at 350-degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a tooth-pick comes out clean.