Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick soup from Martin Yan.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 8 snow peas, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, squash, coconut milk, onion, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add snow peas, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Cook until snow peas are tender-crisp, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.