Recipe by Lisa Clarice
This recipe can be made vegan or not. It came from my high school boyfriend's grandmother (about 25 years ago!) They are really simple, extremely quick, and very good. I don't even like coconut that much, but I love these cookies. These are good cookies to bring to a dinner party or holiday party. Enjoy!
Top Review by jade1977
To dry, had trouble forming balls. Also to bland. But I agree with other reviewer, did not come out that great. Thought it might taste really good mixed in some vanilla icing on a cake or something however.
- 1 cup butter (or vegan butter like Earth Balance)
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (or you can use regular sugar)
- 2 cups shredded coconut (lightly toast the coconut first if you desire)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients all together.
- Roll is small balls and press flat on cookie sheet with a fork that has been in cold water.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Please note: Cookies will stay light in color. Maybe the edges will brown just a bit. Don't over cook.
- If you want to make them a little sweeter, once slightly cooled, sprinkle a little powered sugar on top.