Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe can be made vegan or not. It came from my high school boyfriend's grandmother (about 25 years ago!) They are really simple, extremely quick, and very good. I don't even like coconut that much, but I love these cookies. These are good cookies to bring to a dinner party or holiday party. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter (or vegan butter like Earth Balance)
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (or you can use regular sugar)
- 2 cups shredded coconut (lightly toast the coconut first if you desire)
- Mix ingredients all together.
- Roll is small balls and press flat on cookie sheet with a fork that has been in cold water.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Please note: Cookies will stay light in color. Maybe the edges will brown just a bit. Don't over cook.
- If you want to make them a little sweeter, once slightly cooled, sprinkle a little powered sugar on top.
To dry, had trouble forming balls. Also to bland. But I agree with other reviewer, did not come out that great. Thought it might taste really good mixed in some vanilla icing on a cake or something however.
My husband likes coconut and I am a vegan, so I was looking for a recipe that we could both enjoy. This recipe tasted like is was missing something and it didnt come out that great unfortunately.