Recipe by caramelights
This is the 1st recipe I submitted here I hope everyone will enjoy my recipe :). Since I love salty food and of course salty buns are quite rare, I decided to make them myself. I'm using coconut milk to get a bit stronger and traditional taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup lukewarm coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup lukewarm water
- 1⁄4 cup honey (dissolve in the lukewarm water)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (more for brushing)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1 tablespoon table salt, for sprinkle
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flours, salt, yeast) . Make a little well in the middle and pour the coconut milk and honey water. Mix with spatula until it forms a dough.
- Add melted butter and knead for about 10-15 minutes by hand until it become soft and elastic.
- Put it in a bowl, cover it with damp towel or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for an hour.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces of small ball. Put it on the baking sheets and let it sit one more time for 15 minutes. Preheat your oven to 200ºC.
- Brush with the eggwash and sprinkle with bit of salt. Bake for 20 - 25 mins or until golden brown on the top of the buns.
- Brush again with melted butter right after it came out of the oven to get a lasting shine.