This is the 1st recipe I submitted here I hope everyone will enjoy my recipe :). Since I love salty food and of course salty buns are quite rare, I decided to make them myself. I'm using coconut milk to get a bit stronger and traditional taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup lukewarm coconut milk
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup honey (dissolve in the lukewarm water)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (more for brushing)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1 tablespoon table salt, for sprinkle
- 1In a big bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flours, salt, yeast) . Make a little well in the middle and pour the coconut milk and honey water. Mix with spatula until it forms a dough.
- 2Add melted butter and knead for about 10-15 minutes by hand until it become soft and elastic.
- 3Put it in a bowl, cover it with damp towel or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for an hour.
- 4Divide the dough into 24 pieces of small ball. Put it on the baking sheets and let it sit one more time for 15 minutes. Preheat your oven to 200ºC.
- 5Brush with the eggwash and sprinkle with bit of salt. Bake for 20 - 25 mins or until golden brown on the top of the buns.
- 6Brush again with melted butter right after it came out of the oven to get a lasting shine.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Buns
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 455.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g