Recipe by swissms
The outside of the cake is chewy and macaroon-like; the inside is moist and tender. Note that the cake is eggless. The original recipe uses apricots instead of peaches. Could also substitute nectarines.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar (original recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
Roasted Peaches (Apricots)
- 6 -8 peaches, peeled, halved, pitted (original recipe calls for 16 apricots)
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Mix flour, sugar and baking powder in medium bowl. Whisk flour mixture about 1 cup at a time into coconut mixture (batter will be thick).
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes (original recipe stated 1.5 hours but my cake was done in 50 minutes). Cool cake in pan on rack 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.).
- Slice cake; serve with peaches and whipped cream.
- Roasted Peaches:.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toss all ingredients in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Bake until sugar melts and peaches are heated through, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.