Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Coconut milk gives this cake a velvety texture. Canned coconut milk is available in the Asian foods aisle at the market or at the Asian market.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add extracts and the eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Mix flour mixture into the batter alternatively with one cup of the coconut milk.
- Fold in two cups of flaked coconut.
- Transfer batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake until top is golden brown (about 1 hour and ten minutes).
- Cool in cake pan for about five minutes then invert onto cooling rack.
- Whisk powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Spoon glaze over cake and sprinkle with additional coconut.
This is a delicious cake, moist, and easy to make as well. I only had one cup flaked coconut and I didn't have any coconut extract (so I left that out) but it still had a nice coconut flavor, enough for me anyway. Ashley, I would suggest you edit this recipe . . . as you can see, steps 4 and 5 are duplicates and there is no mention of the additions of the sugar or coconut milk (except in the glaze). I figured it out, but others might have problems. After you do so, I'll come back and edit my review (removing this second paragraph). Thanks for the lovely recipe !
This was the first time I've made a coconut cake and I don't think I will ever look for another recipe. I made this for a party and people could not say enough good things about it. Almost everyone went back for seconds. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
The texture of this cake is what makes it! So soft and moist. My icing turned out a little sticky but still amazing overall! Thank you