1 hr 15 mins
I don't care for coconut but my Grandmother says this is an excellent recipe and I trust her opinion. She found the recipe in a coconut scented candle box of all places!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring (extract)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup angel flaked coconut
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- 2Cream together sugar, crisco, eggs, and coconut flavoring.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Beat flour mix and buttermilk alternately into egg mix.
- 5Stir in angel flaked coconut.
- 6Pour or spoon into prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until tests clean.
- 7In the meantime prepare glaze: Heat water and stir in sugar until dissolved, bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in coconut flavoring.
- 8When cake is removed from the oven, keep it in the pan and poke holes all over it with a thin skewer. Slowly pour hot glaze over hot cake and allow it to sink into it. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.6
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 306.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 53.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: