Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't care for coconut but my Grandmother says this is an excellent recipe and I trust her opinion. She found the recipe in a coconut scented candle box of all places!
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Cream together sugar, crisco, eggs, and coconut flavoring.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat flour mix and buttermilk alternately into egg mix.
- Stir in angel flaked coconut.
- Pour or spoon into prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until tests clean.
- In the meantime prepare glaze: Heat water and stir in sugar until dissolved, bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in coconut flavoring.
- When cake is removed from the oven, keep it in the pan and poke holes all over it with a thin skewer. Slowly pour hot glaze over hot cake and allow it to sink into it. Allow to cool before removing from pan.