Recipe by smilingface2008
yummy.. for coconut lover. i loved the coconut filling i can eat it by itself without the bread yumm. my husband loves this.. i recommend to use electric mixer because this is super sticky but worth it if u try my dough recipe. u can use your own dough recipe.
Top Review by bobbijo5048
This recipe was hard to follow and the dough did not rise. I was helping my daughter with this recipe, she's a new bride and I felt bad she had to waste the ingredients and her first bread turned out badly. We will probably try this again only with my bread recipe and your coconut filling. RookieBaker21's mom
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup bread flour, for kneading
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk (microwave for 20 sec.)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- mix yeast with the 1/4 cup warm water with 1 tsp sugar let stand for 5 minutes till foamy.(yeast mixture).
- in another bowl mix milk and and melted butter. (butter/milk mixture).
- slowly pour half of the milk/butter mixture to the yeast mixture continue beating. add the flour ,alternate with milk/butter mixture. set aside (1/2 cup flour for shaping the dough).
- then add 4 tbs sugar beat for 1 minute then last the salt.
- beat till smooth 2 to 3 minutes.
- put on oil bowl and cover with cloth. let rise for 1 hour till double bulk.
- after 1 hour punch down the dough shape into balls( this dough is very sticky u can use now the 1/2 cup flour for shaping) and filled with coconut filling. i use 2 tbs spoon.
- let rise for another 30 minutes to 40 minutes till double bulk.
- bake for F350 for 30 minutes before baking brush with egg wash (egg wash 1 egg+tbs water or milk+butter).
- COCONUT FILLING.
- boil water and sugar in a saucepan.
- add the flour until dissolve.
- add the coconut flakes cook until little dry( not too dry ok).
- then add margarine or butter.