This is an updated, more decadent version of my #412285. I pulled out my own recipe to make these, and looked at the ingredients and said, what no butter? I also wanted to try grinding the coconut and I had pecans, not almonds on hand. The result was so good, I had to post a new recipe! A grinder/chopper and food processor are nearly essential for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- 2Place dates and water in a saucepan and leave them to gently warm until the dates are soft and some water is absorbed.
- 3Finely grind or chop the coconut. (I used organic desiccated coconut, not sweetened.) Chop the nuts, as desired.
- 4If using a food processor, add butter to the warm dates and then process until relatively smooth. If not, press the dates through a sieve and add the butter to the date sauce.
- 5Add eggs, coconut, cocoa powder, and pecans to the date and butter mixture and combine well.
- 6Smooth in a small baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Brownies II (No Grains, No Sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.3
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 133.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g