Recipe by Aimee88
This is an updated, more decadent version of my #412285. I pulled out my own recipe to make these, and looked at the ingredients and said, what no butter? I also wanted to try grinding the coconut and I had pecans, not almonds on hand. The result was so good, I had to post a new recipe! A grinder/chopper and food processor are nearly essential for this recipe.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
YES, these are indeed wonderful! I use half dates and half dried papaya (can't have too many dates) and 50 g coconut flour instead of 150 g desiccated coconut, and it worked wonderfully, too. The coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid, thus I used only 50 g, and that was perfect. I loved the smooth texture and the combination of pecans and coconut. This definitely is a keeper! Thanks for posting!
- 140 g dates
- 150 ml water
- 150 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 g coconut, ground
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 60 g pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F.
- Place dates and water in a saucepan and leave them to gently warm until the dates are soft and some water is absorbed.
- Finely grind or chop the coconut. (I used organic desiccated coconut, not sweetened.) Chop the nuts, as desired.
- If using a food processor, add butter to the warm dates and then process until relatively smooth. If not, press the dates through a sieve and add the butter to the date sauce.
- Add eggs, coconut, cocoa powder, and pecans to the date and butter mixture and combine well.
- Smooth in a small baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.