Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A layer of coconut with a fudgy, brownie like crust.
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut (7 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and milk.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Combine sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Pour mixture into pie pan and spread over bottom.
- Spoon coconut mixture on top leaving a 1/2 inch border around edges.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
YUM. Had everything for this in the cupboard and it turned out great. I took advice from other reviews and only put half the coconut mix on top, but think it could have done with more than that. Also, had to cook for an extra 10 minutes. Family loved it warm, with ice cream
YUCK. Does NOT taste like chocolate and coconut. It tastes like a very bland not good brownie, with a ton of stringy coconut and sweetened condensed milk. It was not good. I had high hopes as this could be a great flavor combo. If I were to make this again, I would use my sister's fabulous brownie recipe, and make a toasted coconut cream cheese mix to drop into it. That would be good. BUT this recipe.. well, all those who took some at the potluck took only one bite and threw it away. Sorry
This thing is evil...If you like chocolate/coconut candy, you will love this. Very simple to make with onhand ingredients. Warm ,chocolatey and oozing coconut sauce. Yummy! Will make again.