Recipe by Lorac
A layer of coconut with a fudgy, brownie like crust.
Top Review by mybubbasrock
YUM. Had everything for this in the cupboard and it turned out great. I took advice from other reviews and only put half the coconut mix on top, but think it could have done with more than that. Also, had to cook for an extra 10 minutes. Family loved it warm, with ice cream
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut (7 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and milk.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Combine sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Pour mixture into pie pan and spread over bottom.
- Spoon coconut mixture on top leaving a 1/2 inch border around edges.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.