Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are sinfully rich and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- Combine brownie mix and butter using pastry wisk or fork until crumbly.
- Pour into 9x12 baking dish sprayed lightly with pam. Pat lightly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, coconut and pecans in that order evenly over brownie mixture.
- Pour eagle brand milk over the top evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until coconut is golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
Made tonight with a 9 x 13" brownie box mix. I did add a layer of fresh raspberries from our garden like one reader suggested. Turn out nicely. I did have to bake about 5 to 8 mins longer than recipe said.
I loved this recipe... I brought this to a family dinner and they were gobbled up in a flash. We served them with vanilla ice cream. I had to bake it a little longer. I also left out the peanut butter chip because I didn't have them. Next time I think I will spread raspberry jam over the brownie mixture before add ing the coconut, chips and condensed milk.... and aslo add white chocolate chips.... but only becasue I can't help but think of a thousand other ways you could make this!
The directions were not real clear. I put the butter in with the brownie mix (powder) and then went on to read "Pour into 9x12" well it wasn't pourable so I figured I was supposed to mix the brownie mix as directed on the box first....so I did but the butter was already in there and I was a little hesitant because I had added the oil from the brownie directions and so now I had butter and oil..oh my :) So......I went on with the recipe as written (using walnuts instead of pecans) and cooked it for 30 minutes..it was still really jiggly so I cooked it for a total of 20 more minutes. Don't get me wrong this tasted really good and RICH..the boys ate it up. Next time I will omit some of the butter and some of the oil. Made for PAC spring '09