9 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
With the flavors of coconut, brown sugar, soy sauce and cilantro (and plenty of shallots and garlic), this is an unusual pork rib sauce. It truly stars on the grill, but the oven method is delicious also, as well as broiling. Prep time includes marinating overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs pork ribs (baby back or country-style)
- 1Place ribs in steamer rack; add two sliced garlic cloves to water below and steam ribs for 25 minutes.
- 2Let cool slightly.
- 3Combine marinade/sauce ingredients.
- 4Pour into an oblong baking dish, place ribs in dish, turn to coat thoroughly and marinate in refrigerator, covered, overnight.
- 5The next day, pour off marinade/sauce into a small saucepan.
- 6Preheat oven to 450 degrees F; cook ribs, uncovered, for 10 minutes per side.
- 7Reduce heat to 325 degrees F, cover ribs with foil, and return to oven for another 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside (cook time depends on which type of ribs are used).
- 8Sprinkle with salt, if you wish.
- 9Alternatively, these ribs can be grilled (and are awesome).
- 10The extra marinade/sauce can be boiled for a minute or two and served on the side with the ribs.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Brown Sugar Pork Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1404.0
- Calories from Fat 934
- Total Fat 103.8 g
- Saturated Fat 41.9 g
- Cholesterol 347.5 mg
- Sodium 1269.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 90.9 g