Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
absolutely delicious!!you can use either regular or cocoa rice krispies
Make and share this Coconut Brittle Cake Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- Combine brown sugar, butter and cream in bowl, mix well.
- Add coconut, nuts, and rice krispies.mix well.
- Spread topping over warm cake.
- Broil 3" from heat source for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
I was pretty excited about this topping for a zucchini cake, but it gave me trouble. First, the mixture was very thin. Also I think my oven isn't suited to this type of food. It's heated by a flame broiler underneath that is very close to the food. Broiled 3 minutes at 300 degrees and the liquid part had run off the cake but nothing else had happened. Left it 7 more minutes, and it was slightly charred but still had not developed a brittle texture I was looking for. I may fiddle with the proportions and leave out the cream or just use one spoonful.