Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are fluffy and light and delicious. They are also chock-full of fiber that you can't even tell is there! I found this recipe on the bag of Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour. I like mine with a smear of spiced apple jam on top.
- Use coconut oil to grease the pan for delicious results.
- Add chocolate chips and that makes them even more amazing!
- In a bowl whisk the rice flour, coconut flour, starch, baking powder, and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the buttermilk, sugar, and eggs together until well incorporated.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mix and pour the liquid mix into it.
- Carefully stir the dry and the liquid ingredients together until batter is formed.
- The batter will be very thick, don't worry, this is normal!
- Spray your non-stick pan with cooking spray (I use coconut oil) over low heat.
- Drop a little less than 1/3 of a cup of batter onto the pan. It may need to be spread slightly with a spatula or the edge of your measuring cup.
- Cook approximately 1 minute then turn over and cook the other side.
- The pancake should puff up slightly and feel firm if pressed on in the center with your finger. This takes about 45-60 seconds.
- Remove pancake and hold on a warmed plate with a clean kitchen towel covering it until served.
- Repeat until remaining batter is used.