These are fluffy and light and delicious. They are also chock-full of fiber that you can't even tell is there! I found this recipe on the bag of Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour. I like mine with a smear of spiced apple jam on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use coconut oil to grease the pan for delicious results.
- 2Add chocolate chips and that makes them even more amazing!
- 3In a bowl whisk the rice flour, coconut flour, starch, baking powder, and sugar together.
- 4In a separate bowl whisk the buttermilk, sugar, and eggs together until well incorporated.
- 5Make a well in the center of the flour mix and pour the liquid mix into it.
- 6Carefully stir the dry and the liquid ingredients together until batter is formed.
- 7The batter will be very thick, don't worry, this is normal!
- 8Spray your non-stick pan with cooking spray (I use coconut oil) over low heat.
- 9Drop a little less than 1/3 of a cup of batter onto the pan. It may need to be spread slightly with a spatula or the edge of your measuring cup.
- 10Cook approximately 1 minute then turn over and cook the other side.
- 11The pancake should puff up slightly and feel firm if pressed on in the center with your finger. This takes about 45-60 seconds.
- 12Remove pancake and hold on a warmed plate with a clean kitchen towel covering it until served.
- 13Repeat until remaining batter is used.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Breakfast Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 325.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: