This is a great summer treat, served with margaritas and bacon-wrapped prawns. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Rinse off cod fillets well under cool water.
- 3Sprinkle well with lime juice and set aside.
- 4Mix together bread crumbs, salt, mace, and cayenne.
- 5Pour into a shallow dish suitable for dredging.
- 6Beat together eggs and water.
- 7Put coconut in a shallow dish suitable for dredging.
- 8Melt butter and pour into bottom of a baking dish.
- 9(Or spray baking dish with cooking spray.) Dredge each piece of limejuice-covered fish in the crumb mixture.
- 10Then dip in egg.
- 11Dredge in coconut.
- 12(You may repeat the egg/coconut step if you like a thicker coating.) Lay thoroughly-coated pieces of fish in baking pan.
- 13Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- 14Serve with good tartar sauce.
- 15Also good served along with baked bacon-wrapped shrimp.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Breaded Cod
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1417.8
- Calories from Fat 1006
- Total Fat 111.8 g
- Saturated Fat 93.1 g
- Cholesterol 242.8 mg
- Sodium 717.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.4 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 53.3 g