1/5 Photos of Coconut Bread With Sweet Pineapple Butter
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a really yummy bread. In my opinion, this bread is best served warm with the pineapple butter. Yum! You can half the amount of butter, if you don't think you'll be using that much. Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence. Note: I like to toast the coconut before I begin this recipe so I don't have to wait around for it. Directions for this can be found at the end. **Also, coconut milk sometimes separates in the can, if this happens then just empty out the can into a bowl and whisk it to combine well. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and the lemon zest. Pour in the coconut milk and whisk it all together.
- 3Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold everything together until you have a smooth batter. Gently fold in the shredded coconut until everything is evenly distributed.
- 4Pour into the prepared loaf pan and put on top of a cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread. Make sure to rotate the bread a few times while cooking to ensure even cooking and browning.
- 5Cool the bread in the pan for 20 minutes. When cool enough, release from pan and let completely cool before slicing.
- 6Toast the slices of coconut bread, dust with confectioners sugar and serve with the pineapple butter!
- 7Pineapple Butter:.
- 8Press all of the liquid out of the crushed pineapple. (If there is too much juice, the fruit will separated from the butter.) I like to use a food processor to mix up the pineapple and butter but you can also mash them together in a bowl - just make sure your butter is very soft. Place the butter into a serving bowl.
- 9*Note: to toast the cocount, Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the coconut on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and checking to make sure it's not getting too well done.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Bread With Sweet Pineapple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.2
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 509.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of