Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is another favorite. I got this one from a slow cooker cook book. Very rich in taste. I like to serve this on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 4 cups dry French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sweet coconut flakes, packed
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin (optional)
- Cut french bread into 1 inch pieces.
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine coconut milk, milk, evaporated milk, and bread pieces in slow cooker.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Add beateen egg mixture to bread mixture.
- Stir in coconut flakes and raisins.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Serve warm or chilled.