Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
If eggs and fats are no-no's for you, then try this. I think you'll like it. I seem to have had this recipe forever, don't know where it came from.
- Mix the coconut and the milk and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the coconut and milk and mix to make a soft batter.
- Pour into a greased 3lb. loaf tin.
- Smooth the top and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees F.