Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with recipe because I was craving some coconut bread but wanted some healthy and low calorie. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 cup flour (I use white wheat)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces yogurt (used vanilla flavored)
- 4 ounces applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons apple butter (I used this in place of sugar, you could use sugar, honey, etc)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used almond milk)
- 1. Heat oven 350
- 2. In shallow baking sheet, add coconut and put in oven to lightly toast (toasts quick so keep on it, want it a very light brown, some of it can even be white still).
- 3. In bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, yogurt, baking soda, milk, and vanilla until smooth and well mixed.
- 4. Slowly mix in flour to the wet ingredients.
- 5. Add coconut and mix.
- 6. Grease a loaf pain and pour in batter. Batter will be a little thick, if you feel it's too dry slowly add milk tbsp at time.
- 7. Bake for 35-40 minutes.