Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
From BH&G Christmas Cookies 2007.
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 10 ounces dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup toasted flaked coconut, for garnish
- Place powdered sugar, 1 1/2 cups coconut, sweetened condensed milk, almond extract and coconut flavoring in bowl of a food processor.
- Cover and process until well combined.
- Place mixture in a bowl and refridgerate about 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, shape coconut mixture into 1-inch balls and place balls on waxed paper.
- Cover and freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt chocolate on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stop to stir each minute. Allsow melted chocolate to stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 of coconut balls fom freezer. Dip balls in chocolate.
- Place dipped balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Preperation time does not inclue chilling times equal to about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over the top of bonbons before chocolate sets up.
- Repeat until all balls are completed.
- Chill for 1o minutes or until set.