Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Gramma's recipe collection!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup wheat all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add cereal and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add brown sugar, vanilla, and egg. Stir well and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut. Add to cereal mixture. Spread into an 8-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 minutes. Let cool and cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.