Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are awesome. I can't wait to try the chocolate chip version. From "The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla; add eggs, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture into sugar mixture just until blended.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Do not overbake; blondies will firm as they cool.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut lengthwise into 4 strips and then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.
- Variations: Pecan Blondies--leave out coconut.
- Chocolate Chip Blondies--leave out coconut and stir in 1 (6 oz) package semisweet chocolate chips.
These were amazing! Loved them! I had to force myself to stop eating them. I used flaked almonds and white chocolate chips in place of the pecans. These were so easy to make and so delicious! Thanks!
So very, very good! DH can't stop eating them. The only change I made was to use toasted pecans, and will use 3/4 tespoon salt next time. These will be made often here. Thanks so much for posting!
Excellent! Did them with the almond extract and then added toasted almonds to the recipe. Didn't have flake coconut so used 3/4 cup coconut 'flour' (coarse grind, unsweetened). Could've used a full cup. Good stuff!