Recipe by Sharlene~W
These are awesome. I can't wait to try the chocolate chip version. From "The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook"
Top Review by umisa
These were amazing! Loved them! I had to force myself to stop eating them. I used flaked almonds and white chocolate chips in place of the pecans. These were so easy to make and so delicious! Thanks!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla; add eggs, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture into sugar mixture just until blended.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Do not overbake; blondies will firm as they cool.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut lengthwise into 4 strips and then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.
- Variations: Pecan Blondies--leave out coconut.
- Chocolate Chip Blondies--leave out coconut and stir in 1 (6 oz) package semisweet chocolate chips.