I found these cupcakes in a Family Life magazine. They are kind of like a Hostess cupcake only they are white cake with a dab of raspberry in the center and topped with coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl mix butter, milk, egg, sugar and extracts.
- 3In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- 5Divide up mixture into 10 to 12 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each about 2/3.
- 6Drop a teaspoon of jam in the center of each cupcake (The jam will sink as the cupcake bakes).
- 7Bake for 20 minutes, or until done with toothpick test.
- 8Let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 9Meanwhile, make icing by beating the butter until fluffy; then add sugar a little at a time, alternating with the cream.
- 10Add vanilla and mix well.
- 11Spread icing on top of cooled cupcakes.
- 12Immediately dip cupcake top in bowl of coconut, covering the frosting.
- 13Refrigerate until time to eat.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Blizzard Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1000 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g