Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe on a French recipe website. Posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Coconut Biscuits (Congolais) recipe from Food.com.
- 198.44 g shredded coconut
- 170.09 g granulated sugar
- 9.35 g vanilla sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F; butter a baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, combine the egg whites, sugar and vanilla sugar then and whisk vigourously until they get hot and frothy. Remove from heat and keep whisking until temperature cools down a bit.
- Add the shredded coconut all at once and mix together with a wooden spoon; place balls of coconut mixture on the baking sheet (around 2.5 in diameter).
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until they get golden; the Congolais must be crunchy outside and soft inside.
- Serve the biscuits warm or cold, simply by themselves or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or chocolate sauce.
I used plain sugar and added a little bit of vanilla extract. And of course, I used unsweetened coconut. It's very yummy and sweet. Thanks Jkoch :) Made for Newest Zaar tag