- 7 ounces shredded coconut
- 6 ounces granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 ounce vanilla sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F; butter a baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, combine the egg whites, sugar and vanilla sugar then and whisk vigourously until they get hot and frothy. Remove from heat and keep whisking until temperature cools down a bit.
- Add the shredded coconut all at once and mix together with a wooden spoon; place balls of coconut mixture on the baking sheet (around 2.5 in diameter).
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until they get golden; the Congolais must be crunchy outside and soft inside.
- Serve the biscuits warm or cold, simply by themselves or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or chocolate sauce.