1/1 Photo of Coconut Biscuits (Congolais)
Found this recipe on a French recipe website. Posted for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F; butter a baking sheet.
- 2In a saucepan, on medium heat, combine the egg whites, sugar and vanilla sugar then and whisk vigourously until they get hot and frothy. Remove from heat and keep whisking until temperature cools down a bit.
- 3Add the shredded coconut all at once and mix together with a wooden spoon; place balls of coconut mixture on the baking sheet (around 2.5 in diameter).
- 4Bake in oven for 15 minutes until they get golden; the Congolais must be crunchy outside and soft inside.
- 5Serve the biscuits warm or cold, simply by themselves or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or chocolate sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Biscuits (Congolais)
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 64.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: