Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you are a coconut lover these are a must.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla, eggs and coconut.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and baking powder, mix well. Add remaining flour.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- On a large sprayed cookie sheet divide dough in half and shape into two logs. (I usually spray my hands with non stick cooking spray for this.).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 300.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes remove logs from cookie sheets to a cooling rack. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut logs into 3/4 inch slices and place back on cookie sheet, bake for 15-20 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Cool completely and either dip or drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Store in a air tight can or jar. Do not store in plastic.
These were good, but being a coconut lover, I was disappointed that I really couldn't taste the coconut that well. I would definately double the amount of the coconut if I make again
As I am a coconut fan, this is a tasty recipe and very easy to make. I did not use the almonds. I did have to use a little more flour then suggested. I gave these biscotti as a gift in a nice jar with a bag of coffee and a coffee mug....it was a hit.