Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Emeril strikes again!!! These are great!!!!!!!!!!
Make and share this Coconut-Beer Battered Shrimp With Mango-Orange Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence, plus more for dusting
- 1 1⁄4 cups beer
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups mango-orange chutney (Mango-Orange Chutney)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a deep saute pan or pot, heat the oil to 360 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar and Essence in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the beer and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Place the coconut flakes in a shallow bowl.
- One at a time, holding them by the tail, dip the shrimp into the batter to coat, then dredge in the coconut, turning to coat evenly and pressing to make the flakes adhere.
- Fry in batches in the oil until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and season lightly with Essence.
- Place the chutney in a bowl on a large platter.
- Arrange the shrimp on the platter around the bowl and sprinklewith the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.