1 hr 55 mins
Emeril strikes again!!! These are great!!!!!!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups mango-orange chutney (Mango-Orange Chutney)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1In a deep saute pan or pot, heat the oil to 360 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, sugar and Essence in a medium bowl.
- 3Slowly add the beer and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- 4Place the coconut flakes in a shallow bowl.
- 5One at a time, holding them by the tail, dip the shrimp into the batter to coat, then dredge in the coconut, turning to coat evenly and pressing to make the flakes adhere.
- 6Fry in batches in the oil until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Drain on paper towels and season lightly with Essence.
- 8Place the chutney in a bowl on a large platter.
- 9Arrange the shrimp on the platter around the bowl and sprinklewith the chopped cilantro.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Beer Battered Shrimp With Mango-Orange Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2666.8
- Calories from Fat 2301
- Total Fat 255.6 g
- Saturated Fat 59.2 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 276.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 42.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence