Recipe by Mrs.Habu
This is from the "Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home" where they suggest serving this dish with curry.
Top Review by karen
I've been saving this recipe for a long time since I love the flavor of coconut milk. The recipe turned out fine...light and fluffy yellow rice. But I was expecting a lot more coconut milk flavor and even the cinnamon was barely perceptible. Maybe it's because I used light coconut milk...but I was expecting more from this recipe. Not bad, just nothing to make it memorable.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick (1-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup currants
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to the boil.
- While water heats, rinse the rice well.
- When water boils, stir in the rice and all of the remaining ingredients.
- Return to a boil.
- Stir, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and allow rice to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, stir to fluff the rice and serve.