Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Goes well with curried dishes.
Make and share this Coconut Basmati Rice recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, add water; bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Return to a boil.
- Stir, cover; reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and dried chile.
- Stir to fluff the rice and stir.
Lovely rice. Loved the color the turmeric gave it and all the flavor. Served it with Curry Chicken with Coconut and Peanuts.
Perfect! I made this to go with Curry Chicken with Coconut and Peanuts and it was perfect!!! The raisins really made this dish WOW :) My 18 month old loved picking them out, so next time I'll probably double the raisins. Thank you!
This went very well with my buttered chicken recipe! I would add more coconut milk next time, as this was more subtle, but it was a pretty color and perfect texture. Thanks very much for this simple and yummy recipe :)