Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this sometimes with fish.
Make and share this Coconut Basmati Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches cinnamon, don't over do
- Bring water to a boil, lower heat.
- Stir in all other ingredients, return to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Turn off heat. Don't lift cover. Let sit covered for at least another 15 minutes before serving.
Easy and flavorful, worked nicely with the Garam Chicken. Will make again.
I was looking for something to serve with Chicken Tandoori and this seemed like a good side dish. I didn't have any coconut milk and substituted coconut water for the full liquid and was very tasty.
We really enjoyed this rice. It was quick and easy to make, with a lovely texture and flavor. I served Garam Masal Chicken with it. What a great meal. Thanks for sharing. :)