Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is such an easy and delicious recipe! Beware, it's very sticky.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, mix butter, milk and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 3 mins.
- Remove from heat; mix in rolled oats, coconut, cocoa powder and vanilla, until well mixed.
- Spoon mounds onto a buttered baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
This is a favourite treat in my house! Made it last week and they're all requesting it again for Diwali on Saturday. Since it's eggless, I will be make it! :-) WONDERFUL and EASY recipe!
Delicious, of course, as all your recipes are! Was a little skeptical that I would like it as much as my regular no bake cookies with peanut butter, but these were yummy and held together really well. Did not even make it to the refrigerator as DH and I snacked on them early! Very quick to make. Luckily (at least for my waist) that I only made a half batch since they will go quickly!
These were pretty good but I thought they came out a little on the dry side. However, that doesn't stop me from munching them down! Perhaps the rolled oats were to "blame". Next time I'll reduce the oats to see if that helps.