Recipe by Jennifer Neal
I love these and my best friend just dies for them.
Top Review by Gina*S
I followed this recipe exactly using walnuts. They turned out soft and chewy, though a bit messy to cut and eat. The flavor is really nice. My picky son even loves them. I packaged up part of them and froze them for later. Thank you for sharing this. I'll definately be making it again.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (peanuts are good)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted (Use solid margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In large bowl, combine oats,coconut,nuts,wheat germ,sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine melted butter, honey, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Press into 10 x 15- inch (25 x 40 cm) jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.