Recipe by chiclet
I saw this recipe online and scrawled it on a piece of paper over thanksgiving weekend. Just putting it here for safekeeping until christmas. From gourmet, october 1953.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (just a pinch, really)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and gradually add 1/2 cup brown sugar. Stir in 1 cup sifted flour. Spread batter in 8 x 8 pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Beat 2 eggs and 1 cup brown sugar together until smooth. Stir in vanilla, walnuts.
- Toss coconut with remaining flour and pinch of salt, and stir into egg mixture.
- Spread over baked crust and bake 20 minutes more.
- Cool, dust with powdered sugar, and cut into 24 bars.