Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Barramundi is a lovely Australian Fish and the recipe was developed for it,however this recipe works well with halibut or redfish also.Pan fried fillets with a crispy coconut covering are topped with a mango sauce that makes this an exceptional Seafood entree. Submitted for Zaar World Tour III Australia
- 6 fish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 -3 limes
- 2 mangoes, very ripe
- Combine flour, milk, coconut milk and mix well.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken batter.
- Dredge fish fillets in seasoned flour.
- Dip floured fish fillets in batter and then the coconut.
- Shallow fry on medium heat in 1/2 to 1"of oil and 2 tblsp butter added for flavor, until golden brown and fish tests done with fork.
- Carefully remove from pan and let drain on paper towels before serving.
- Mango Sauce.
- Remove skin and pulp mangos.Add the rest of the ingredients moistening with lime juice until blended.
- Adjust amount of lime juice if necessary.
- Add sugar to taste if too tart.
- Add some chopped coriander; optional.
- Serve sauce with fish.Enjoy.
Sorry pastry buddy I tried this and found it too much of a rich sauce for the Barra. also the batter I believe was also not what good barra needs to enhance its natural earthy flavour. thanks though.