Recipe by Seeprats
This Indian sweet is a very common favourite, especially among kids. The term "barfi" denotes a sweet which is typically made of milk, condensed and solidifies on cooling. A number of variations can be made using different essences/extracts to add your own personal touch.
- 3 cups shredded coconut (preferably fresh)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 -4 drops food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- On medium heat, keep stirring till the mixture turns thick.
- Spread it onto a greased rectangular tray and allow to cool and set.
- Once it turns firm, use a butter knife to cut into cubes.
- You may store it in an air tight container in the fridge so that it remains hard.