Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this just searching around on the internet looking for recipes to add to my personal home cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed together
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour (up to 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- Cream together the butter and eggs.
- Mix in the ripe bananas and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar together.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix just until all is moistened.
- Add the walnuts and coconut.
- Spoon the batter into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so, until done.
Perfect and great way to use up your old brown bananas. I found this recipe at www.cheapcooking.com. Thank you for posting!
These are very good tasting muffins. Good for breakfast or afternoon coffee! I used 1/2 wholewheat pastry flour and 1/2 all-purpose flour, Splenda and the new Smart Balance/butter sticks. They are nice and high and I love the flavor mixture of bananas and coconut. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
Great recipe, I followed almost to a "t". I used all "white" whole wheat flour. I also subbed pecans for the walnuts, and used 3 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs. Before baking, I sprinkled coconut on the tops of the muffins. Thanks Danielle!