Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found recipe here: http://barerootgirl.com/nourish/2013/7/14/bake-shop-coconut-banana-bread-with-healthy-cinnamon-streusel-topping Placed here for safe keeping and nutrition facts!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) canfull fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked whole rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine bananas, eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until well combined. Add in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix on medium speed another 30-60 seconds until mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Prepare the Healthy Almond Streusel by combining all ingredients (from oats, down) in the bowl of a (recommended: mini) food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are finely ground and well-combined.
- Portion the streusel evenly between the 24 cups (1-2 t. per cup). Then, using a medium disher, portion dough out between 24 non-stick mini-bundts (should need about 2 scoops each). If using a cupcake pan, place the dough in FIRST and then top with the streusel.
- Cook for 45 min - 1 hr or until golden brown on the tops, rotating the pans midway through. Remove and let cool 5-10 minutes between transferring from the pan to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm as-is or with a small pat of coconut oil melted on top!