1 hr 15 mins
Moist and delicious, and a nice twist on banana bread....add the maraschino cherries to dress it up for the holiday season!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, drained,cut in pieces,a nice addition especially at holiday time (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup mashed banana (the riper the better)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (a little more if you prefer)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray a 9x5x3" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Combine the flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the nuts and cherries (if using).
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
- 7Add the sugar and melted butter to the eggs, mixing well.
- 8Stir in the bananas and almond extract.
- 9Slowly add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, stirring just to combine (don't overmix).
- 10Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- 11Remove from oven and let stand for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (863 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3217.6
- Calories from Fat 1539
- Total Fat 171.0 g
- Saturated Fat 89.5 g
- Cholesterol 667.0 mg
- Sodium 3151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 397.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 225.0 g
- Protein 42.4 g