Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit, May 2006.
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup canned cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 medium banana, peeled, diced
- fresh strawberries
- Place first 4 ingredients in blender.
- Cover; blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Divide smoothie among 4 glasses; garnish with strawberries.
I liked this smoothie and the idea of the tropical flavors, however the strawberries really overpowered the coconut and banana to the point they were just about lost. After tasting it, I ended up adding another splash of milk, more banana and some Coconut Creme coffee creamer to bring the flavors out. (I didn't add more cream of coconut because it's high in fat.) Overall, a delicious smoothie as is, but I liked it better with the coconut and banana kicked up a bit. Thanks!