- 2 cups unsweetened fine shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- food coloring (as many drops to desired color)
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup (keep on the side for later)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and food coloring, add as many drops as you would like to achieve your desired color darkness, into a wide bowl and set aside.
- Combine shredded coconut and corn syrup in a bowl, mash, squeeze and mix until coconut is fully saturated
- Once combined, grab about a 1/2 inch section, squeeze again in palm and then roll lightly into a ball.
- On a wax or parchment paper lined cookie sheet, place the coconut balls on the sheet. Continue rolling balls until bowl is emptied.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of light corn syrup into a shallow bowl.
- Take an already shaped ball, dip lightly in corn syrup and roll lightly in your palm again, then add to the colored sugar.
- Roll ball again in palm, add to sugar once more, and toss lightly to coat again.
- Place back onto cookie sheet and place in fridge for about an hour.
- Once hardened, transfer to an airtight container and enjoy!