Recipe by Nursebarb
A great, buttery cookie. Great to make for Christmas! I color my coconut with green food coloring. Make sure they are completely cool or the cookies will break up in the frosting. (Frosting mix at end of recipe directions) You can make sugar balls by omitting frosting, coconut and rolling unbaked cookies in colored sugar.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- confectioner's frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in water.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Cool thoroughly before removing from pan.
- Dip cookies in confectioner's frosting made by adding enough light cream to 2 cups confectioner's sugar to make spreadable. Add dash of salt and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to frosting mix.
- Roll frosting-dipped cookies in tinted coconut.