1/1 Photo of Coconut Baked Chicken Thighs
Paprika Pink's Note:
Staightforward one-dish meal for a weeknight. Uses the slightly exotic Ume plum vinegar that I personally believe no kitchen should ever be without. Also uses the currently faddish but still delicious coconut milk. I use full-fat coconut milk because it's delicious and there are rumors afoot that that kind of fat is good for you. #winning
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Defrost spinach in microwave.
- 3Spread rice in the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- 4Add coconut milk and chicken broth.
- 5Sprinkle with vinegar, oil, and spices.
- 6Add chicken pieces. Using chopsticks, turn pieces to coat with coconut milk mixture.
- 7Use chopsticks to distribute spinach throughout casserole.
- 8Cover baking dish tightly with foil. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until rice is tender, chicken is no longer pink, and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 9Notes: Ume plum vinegar is found in specialty stores. It's very sour and salty. If it's not available, use any good flavored vinegar and add salt to taste with the spices. This is delicious served with a squeeze of lime juice and a simple "salad" of diced fresh tomatoes, lightly salted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Baked Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.2
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 330.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 52.0 g
- Protein 20.7 g