Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting for ZWT5. Recipe is from www.recipeisland.com under Trinidad & Tobago. Serving is an est.
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup coconut (grated)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ounce butter or 1 ounce margarine
- In a bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Rub in the margarine ith the butter, then stir in the sugar and grated coconut. Add water, and mix into a firm dough.
- Next turn the dough out on to a floured board, knead lightly, shape into a ball and leave covered for 15 to 20 minutes. Press in the center and using a rolling pin, roll into a circular shape about -3/4″ thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Use a fork or knife marks to decorate the dough. Put on a flat, greased baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until brown.
- Remove from the oven and cut into desired shape 2 to 3 inches wide. Serve hot, then arranged on a flat dish.