- 3 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup soft dried apricot, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (I used foil but - I now know - parchment would have been better. : ).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, almond extract (if using), and salt until frothy. Add coconut and apricots; mix to combine.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into mounds, each equal to 2 level tablespoons; place 1/2" apart on prepared baking sheet (macaroons will not spread).
- Bake until lightly golden, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through (I forgot this step). Transfer macaroons to a wire rack to cool completely (I didn't do this because they kinda stuck to the foil but peeled away nicely once cooled). Store in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 1 week (if they last that long - lol).
- Makes about 20 (I got 24).