Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From April 2008 Everyday Foods.
Make and share this Coconut-Apricot Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat over to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (I used foil but - I now know - parchment would have been better. : ).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, almond extract (if using), and salt until frothy. Add coconut and apricots; mix to combine.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into mounds, each equal to 2 level tablespoons; place 1/2" apart on prepared baking sheet (macaroons will not spread).
- Bake until lightly golden, 35 to 40 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through (I forgot this step). Transfer macaroons to a wire rack to cool completely (I didn't do this because they kinda stuck to the foil but peeled away nicely once cooled). Store in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 1 week (if they last that long - lol).
- Makes about 20 (I got 24).
Good, fairly healthy and easy to make. Lovely dipped in melted chocolate too!